1. So you won, and now you want to get paid. Well, you’re in luck, because there are a variety
of places to claim your prize based on how much you’ve won.
||Regional Claims Centers
|$600 to $99,999
2. Before you run down to the claim center to claim your prize, you need to sign the back of your original ticket. A lottery ticket is a bearer instrument until signed. The ticket, not the play slip, is required for all claims, so don’t forget it. Also, for prizes of $600 or more, you will need:
3. Don’t wait. Get paid. Scratch-off game prizes must be claimed within 90 calendar days from the game’s announced end date, and draw games must be claimed within 180 calendar days of the drawing.
Mailed tickets must be received at the NCEL headquarters or regional office within 180 calendar days of the drawing for draw games and within 90 days from the games’ announced end date for scratch-off games. Postmarks shall not constitute satisfaction of date requirement.
Still have questions? Call Customer Service at (877) 962-7529.
Online Play Winners
So you won with Online Play, and now you want to get paid. Well, you’re in luck, because it has never been easier
to claim your Online Play win.
Your claim options will vary based on the size of your prize.
- Prizes of less than $600 are automatically deposited into your NC Education Lottery account.
- Prizes of $600 up to and including $99,999 must be claimed online.
- Prizes of $100,000 or more must be claimed in person at NCEL Headquarters in Raleigh. You will be directed to start your claim online and must wait
to receive a follow-up notification with instructions. You will not be able to claim your prize until notification is received, normally
within 2-5 business days.
As part of the claim process, we may require you to provide additional information, provide copies of documents, or appear in person at a designated claim center.
Don’t wait to start your claim... Draw games must be claimed within 180 calendar days of the drawing.
Still have questions? Call our Customer Support Center at 1-866-934-0289.
NCEL claim forms available below or at any regional office.
*Claim By Mail
If claiming by mail, send required documentation to:
PO Box 41606
Raleigh, NC 27629-1606
The NCEL is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player.
2022 Holiday Schedule
New Year’s Day: Friday, December 31, 2021
Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday: Monday, January 17
Good Friday: Friday, April 15
Memorial Day: Monday, May 30
Independence Day: Monday, July 4
Labor Day: Monday, September 5
Veteran’s Day: Friday, November 11
Thanksgiving: Thursday-Friday, November 24 & 25
Christmas: Friday, Monday, Tuesday, December 23, 26, & 27