1. So you won, and now you want to get paid. Well, you’re in luck, because there are a variety
of places to claim your prize based on how much you’ve won.
||Regional Claims Centers
||NC Lottery Headquarters
|$600 to $99,999
2. Before you run down to the claim center to claim your prize, you need to sign the back of your original ticket. A lottery ticket is a bearer instrument until signed. The ticket, not the play slip, is required for all claims, so don’t forget it. Also, for prizes of $600 or more, you will need:
3. Don’t wait. Get paid. Scratch-off game prizes must be claimed within 90 calendar days from the game’s announced end date, and draw games must be claimed within 180 calendar days of the drawing.
Mailed tickets must be received at the NC Lottery headquarters or regional office within 180 calendar days of the drawing for draw games and within 90 days from the games’ announced end date for scratch-off games. Postmarks shall not constitute satisfaction of date requirement.
Still have questions? Call Customer Service at 877-962-7529.
Online Play Winners
So you won with Online Play, and now you want to get paid. Well, you’re in luck, because it has never been easier
to claim your Online Play win.
Your claim options will vary based on the size of your prize.
- Prizes of less than $600 are automatically deposited into your NC Lottery account.
- Prizes of $600 up to and including $99,999 must be claimed online.
- Prizes of $100,000 or more must be claimed in person at NC Lottery Headquarters in Raleigh. You will be directed to start your claim online and must wait
to receive a follow-up notification with instructions. You will not be able to claim your prize until notification is received, normally
within 2-5 business days.
For more information about claiming an Online Play prize, view our Terms of Service
As part of the claim process, we may require you to provide additional information, provide copies of documents, or appear in person at a designated claim center.
Don’t wait to start your claim... Draw games must be claimed within 180 calendar days of the drawing.
Still have questions? Call our Player Support Center at 866-934-0289.
NC Lottery claim forms available below or at any regional office.
*Claim By Mail
If claiming by mail, send required documentation to:
PO Box 41606
Raleigh, NC 27629-1606
The NC Lottery is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. The risk of mailing tickets remains with the player.
2023 Holiday Schedule
New Year’s Day: Monday, January 2nd
Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday: Monday, January 16th
Good Friday: Friday, April 7th
Memorial Day: Monday, May 29th
Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4th
Labor Day: Monday, September 4th
Veteran’s Day: Friday, November 10th
Thanksgiving: Thursday-Friday, November 24th & 25th
Christmas: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, December 25th, 26th, & 27th