Eddie Graham of Belmont has entered second-chance drawings for years and his persistence paid off with a $1 million grand prize on Wednesday.

“This is unreal,” Graham said. “I’m still processing it.”

He won the top prize in the fourth and final 200X The Cash second-chance drawing on Wednesday. The drawing received more than 1.6 million entries.

“This type of thing just doesn’t happen to me,” he said. “It couldn’t have come at a better time though.”

The 200X The Cash game featured four second-chance drawings. Each drawing offered one $1 million prize, one $200,000 prize, and 25 $500 prizes.

“I’ve been doing the second chance for years,” he said. “The only tickets I buy are second chance ones.”

When Graham arrived at lottery headquarters Thursday, he had a decision to make. He could choose to receive his prize as an annuity of $50,000 over 20 years or a lump sum of $600,000. He chose the lump sum of $600,000 and, after required tax withholdings, took home $430,500.

Graham plans to use the winnings to pay some bills, buy a used truck, and possibly buy a house. He also wants to help out his family.

“I can use this to take care of my daughter and granddaughter,” he said.

For details on how $13.9 million raised by the lottery made a difference for education programs in Gaston County last year, visit www.nclottery.com and click on the “Impact” section.