Due to adverse weather conditions from Hurricane Florence, the Wilmington regional office and claims center of the N.C. Education Lottery will be closed Thursday, and the Greenville regional office and claims center will close at 1 p.m.
At this time, all other lottery offices in the state, including the Raleigh headquarters and regional offices and claims centers in Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro are operating on a normal schedule.
All lottery drawings will be held as scheduled.
After you win a prize you have plenty of time to claim it, so please don’t risk going out in bad weather. If you won a draw game, you have 180 days to claim. If you won a scratch-off prize, you have 90 days from the game’s end date to claim.
If you’re concerned about getting tickets during the storm, remember, you can always get tickets for Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life, and Carolina Cash 5 through Online Play.
During Hurricane Florence, we’ll keep you updated on the status of lottery operations on our website, nclottery.com, on our social media channels, and through media releases. Since conditions will vary across our state, you should also call ahead to check and see if a regional office is open. Here is a list of offices with contact information.
- Raleigh Regional Office & Claim Center, (919) 301-3637
- Greensboro Regional Office & Claim Center, (336) 218-5724
- Asheville Regional Office & Claim Center, (828) 251-6223
- Greenville Regional Office & Claim Center, (252) 756-7992
- Charlotte Regional Office & Claim Center, (704) 523-4898
- Wilmington Regional Office & Claim Center, (910) 350-2000
Please stay safe! We’ll have your prizes waiting for you after Hurricane Florence leaves.
Login to leave a comment.