If you’re superstitious, you might be wearing green during the month of March and trying your luck. We hope you find some, but we also want you to be careful, especially when you’re chasing your lottery dreams.
March isn’t just about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, it’s also Problem Gambling Awareness Month. It’s dedicated to helping people understand problem gambling and making them aware of the help that is available. For the next four weeks, we’re going to help you understand how our games work, so you have the information to make smart decisions when you play.
We want you to have fun playing our games, but that only happens if you play responsibly. Before you buy your tickets, here are some things to keep in mind.
TIPS FOR RESPONSIBLE PLAY:
- Know the risks before you play: Learn the odds of winning each game and how many prizes are left.
- Pay your bills before playing: Don’t buy lottery tickets with money that should be going to take care of life’s necessities.
- Set limits on how much you play: Stop playing when you reach that amount.
- Play the lottery for fun: If playing starts to be stressful, it’s a good indicator that it’s time to take a break.
If you or someone you know is affected by problem gambling, there is help available. You can call or text the problem gambling helpline 24 hours a day.
- Text morethanagamenc to 53342.
- Call toll-free at (877) 718-5543.
Remember, it only takes one ticket to win.
Login to leave a comment.