Richard Costantino of Concord said he was in disbelief when he got a phone call telling him he won $1 million in the Extreme Millions second-chance drawing.
“It was exciting,” said Costantino, a retired heavy equipment mechanic. “I couldn’t believe it was true.”
A representative with the N.C. Education lottery called Costantino to tell him he won: “I am happy to tell you that you have won $1 million in our Extreme Millions second-chance drawing.”
“You’re kidding me,” Costantino said, when he learned he won the grand prize…“God bless you dear!”
His entry was chosen from 456,229. Winners of second-chance drawings receive a phone call or email notifying them that they won.
Costantino claimed his prize Monday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh. He had the choice of taking a $1 million annuity that has 20 payments of $50,000 a year or a lump sum of $600,000. He chose the lump sum. After federal and state tax withholdings he took home $424,500.
“I feel so excited,” Costantino said. “It’s unbelievable. Believe me.”
Extreme Millions launched in December 2016. This was the last of four second-chance drawings associated with the ticket. In addition to the $1 million prize, three people won $50,000 and 25 people won $500 in the drawing.
Ticket sales from games like Extreme Millions made it possible for the lottery to raise more than $650 million for the state last year. For details on how $14.9 million in lottery funds made a difference in Cabarrus County last year, click on the “Impact” section of the lottery’s website.
Login to leave a comment.
Congrats, Sir to you and your family god bless,
I Hope to get the next blessing