news blog > article

Multiply what you love this February

February 4, 2020 Posted by NC Lottery at 8:00 AM
image-photo

It’s thrilling every time you scratch away a match to win a prize, but this First Tuesday our family of Multiply The Cash games will multiply that thrill 5X, 10X, 15X, 20X and all the way up to 50X.

Together, these five scratch-off games offer more than $126 million in prizes including four top prizes of $1 million in 50X The Cash and six top prizes of $250,000 in 20X The Cash. Here’s a quick look at all five games.

 

Cost

Game

Top prize

# of top prizes

Top prize odds

Overall odds

$10

50X The Cash

$1 million

4

1 in 1.86 million

1 in 3.30

$5

20X The Cash

$250,000

6

1 in 1.68 million

1 in 4.12

$3

15X Crossword

$75,000

4

1 in1.44 million

1 in 3.88

$2

10X The Cash

$50,000

8

1 in 1.62 million

1 in 4.48

$1

5X The Cash

$10,000

10

1 in 1.44 million

1 in 4.85

We’re also multiplying your chances to win with four new Multiply The Cash Second Chance drawings. You can enter any of our Multiply The Cash tickets for a chance to win a top prize of $100,000. For each drawing, we’ll choose one winner of $100,000, eight winners of $5,000, and 25 winners of $500. The deadline to enter the first drawing is March 31. The drawing is scheduled for April 8.

Want to multiply some Lucke-Rewards points? In February, you can get 10X the points when you buy a Multiply The Cash scratch-off or a $3 Power Play or Megaplier ticket in either Powerball or Mega Millions. This includes Power Play or Megaplier tickets purchased through Online Play. Those bonus points will be awarded within 24 hours of purchase.

Stay tuned for details on our Multiply The Cash Facebook Live event coming later this month. You can count on a good deal of multiplying and fun.

 


16 COMMENTS

Login to leave a comment.

2/07/2020 09:32 - Lisa J.

I realize you typically notify winners wirhin 48 hours from the time of a drawing, but it would be nice to know when all winners have been notified. This way we stop checking our emails. That being said, have all 2/5 drawing winners been notified? NC Lottery
Hi Lisa, We update the winner list on the page for that drawing to say "Winner Notified" once we have completed notifying everyone. We expect that our team will finish notifying the winners for the Feb. 5 drawings by the end of the day today. Good luck!

2/06/2020 11:51 - Michael R.

NCEL I disagree. If 90% play at convenience stores and Grocery stores then that's a 90% of the pool to pull from so their chances is magnified. I can see if the 10% online pool win now and then but by it happening frequently, then stasticics Normally would say no.

2/06/2020 10:36 - Norman E.

When will the winner of the 2nd chance for febuary 5th 2020 be notifiedNC Lottery
Hi Norman! Winners are typically notified within 48 hours of the draw day by email.

2/06/2020 12:32 - Dominic F.

Excited

2/05/2020 08:40 - Anita A.

The 2ND chance winners are not visible for viewing when I log in. Can you tell me what's the issue?NC Lottery
Hi Anita, If you're looking for the winners of yesterday's drawings, you won't see them yet. We typically contact winners within 48 hours of the draw day. Once a winner responds to our notification and completes the claim process, then we will update the website with their name. We understand folks are excited to know who the winners are, but until they claim their prize, they aren't officially winners.

2/05/2020 04:04 - Hans L.

Hello! Before I give up hope and walk away in disgust and not winning second chance/lucke rewards, when will persons who won today (2/5/20) know that they've won something? I've been looking for an e-mail since 9 a.m. today!!!NC Lottery
Winners are typically notified by email within 48 hours of the draw day. Since we have so many drawings taking place today, we ask for patience as our team works to get everyone notified as quickly as possible. :)

2/04/2020 09:01 - Danny P.

Thanks Denver G. and NC Lottery! My points do show up in my points history correct. For anyone else experiencing the same problem, Just check out your Points History you will see them there!!!

2/04/2020 08:32 - Angela F.

Question for NC lottery. All the scratch ooffs that are on pick have a lot of dollars left..some over 5 million in unclaimed prizes. This is a lot of cash in the table. Where does it goNC Lottery
That's a great question, Angela. If a game is ended with pries remaining, by half of that unclaimed prize money goes back into games in the form of prizes, and the other half goes to education. Our hope is always that a game is so popular that it sells out and all the prizes are awarded, but that's not always the case.

2/04/2020 04:37 - Denver G.

Hey LZ. I noticed you changed the future 2nd chance drawings from "invalid date" back to "TBD". Simple move but less confusing for novice players. Forgot to say , I love the red ball promo. It has been go to me in the past. Heads up for players, play a 50cent combo with a double in it. More bang for your buck....NC Lottery
Thanks for the feedback, Denver!

2/04/2020 03:50 - Michael R.

Another online player winning the cash 5. Im not buying it that they are that lucky when im almost sure that 90% of the players play in person at convenient stores and grocery stores, The fix is in. NC Lottery
No matter where you buy your numbers, online or in-store, nor if you choose your own or go with the Quick Pick, your odds of winning will always be exactly the same. Our Online Play program has been growing in popularity, so it's no surprise that we have seen more big winners through Online Play recently.

2/04/2020 01:52 - Denver G.

Hey Danny , Your bonus points show up in your points history. Examples, I scanned one an got 200 points and another for 50. When I checked my history it was stated as 200 plus 1800 bonus pts . and the other one said 50 plus 450 bonus points. A $10 ticket said 25 pts, but when I checked history it said 25 plus 225 bonus pts......

2/04/2020 01:30 - Danny P.

New multiply tickets are not multiplying our tickets 10X! Feb. 1st I scanned in ticket #659 100X $20 got 20 points and today I bought several denominations of X's tickets and started scanning $1 tickets only 1 pt. ea. please let us know when the points assignments are correct! Thank You in advance!!!NC Lottery
Hi Danny, Sorry about that! It's possible that the "bonus" points were deposited into your points balance as a separate transaction. Can you please check your Lucke-Rewards points history and if there is no bonus, screenshot your points history and email it to communication@lotterync.net? We will have our team investigate why the points might not have been awarded in this case and correct any bonuses that you missed out on.

2/04/2020 01:28 - Jewel M.

Please explain why scratch offs with, for example, 1MIL prizes only pay out from $600,000? Why not just make the highest prize levels under a million and pay what is promised--instead of treating it like the draw games. Not fair to pay $10, $20, $30 for a chance at 1MIL or 4MIL etc. prize and have to wait for full pay out over 20 year period on a scratch off (like you would paying $2 or $3 on a draw game paying similar prizes) or otherwise settle for almost half the prize if you elect lump sum--not cool. NC Lottery
At one point in time, all $1 million prizes for our scratch-off games were paid as annuities. Winners got $50,000 a year for 20 years. Players continually asked for the choice to receive a lump sum instead. The lump sum on a $1 million prize is $600,000 and the winner has the choice to go with the payment option that they prefer. The difference between the lump sum and the annuity would be earned on interest over the course of 20 years.

2/04/2020 10:08 - Michael P.

Replying to Angela A’s comment and the lottery response. I 100% disagree. The prize should at least be the amount of the ticket and not less. I had. $20 ticket a while back and all 20 numbers were winners. I got excited. Then to find each spot was $5. Thanks for the next level troll. Just put $100 winner once. Don’t need 20 spots at $5 to get hopes up for something big to have them dashed. I stopped buying tickets after that pretty much. Happens way too much.

2/04/2020 08:49 - Angela A.

NCEL can you all explain the point of putting a multiplier when you have a $1 under it? When you multiply something it should at least be the price of the ticket.NC Lottery
Our scratch-off games are designed in a way that players could win each prize in many different ways. For example, a $20 win could be from matching one $20 spot, two $10 spots, four $5 spots, or even 10 $2 spots. There are numerous different ways that prizes can be added and combined so that if a player enjoys playing the same game over and over, they may have several different experiences when scratching to reveal a prize. Hope this helps!

2/04/2020 08:18 - jesse h.

Looking for a win.

Buy & Scan with the NC Lottery Official Mobile App – Now with Ticket Checker!

Available on the
App Store
  Available for
Android