Congratulations to Bladen County, Carteret County, Catawba County, Cleveland County, and Harnett County public schools! These counties will now get the financial support they so need to improve places of learning for their kids. Here’s how your play will benefit kids in these counties:
- Bladen County Public Schools, a $15 million grant, to help replace two existing schools and combine them onto one Pre-K through 8th grade campus. One of these buildings is a middle school that is over 100 years old.
- Carteret County Public Schools, a $10 million grant, to help build new classrooms and gyms at West Carteret High School, White Oak Elementary School, East Carteret High School, and Broad Creek Middle School.
- Catawba County, Newton-Conover City Schools, a $10 million grant, to help build a new wing at Newton-Conover High School.
- Cleveland County Public Schools, a $15 million grant, to help build 900-seat auditoriums at Burns High School and Crest High School.
- Harnett County Public Schools, a $10 million grant, to help build a new Northwest Harnett Elementary School.
Every single grant was awarded with money raised exclusively by the lottery.
So far, 30 school districts across North Carolina have received grants, resulting in 26 new schools and buildings, as well as the replacement of 29 older, existing schools.
Thank you for supporting this great cause. These new projects sound like great new places of learning for kids across our great state.
Login to leave a comment.