10 biggest online play wins

December 2, 2019 Posted by NC Lottery at 8:30 AM

One of the questions we are frequently asked is about our Online Play winners.

“Does anybody ever win when they play online?”

They do. And we’re counting down the 10 biggest wins from Online Play for you here:

But the wins don’t stop there. To date, we’ve also had numerous online wins between $15,000 to $100,000 from Mega Millions, Powerball, and Cash 5.

We’ve also made it easier than ever to claim your winnings when you play online. Prizes under $600 will be deposited directly into your wallet. Prizes between $600 and $99,999 can be claimed online – there’s no need to go into a claim center. If you’re a big winner with a prize of $100,000 or more, you need to start your claim online and then head on down to lottery headquarters in Raleigh to finish the process.

Remember, whether you buy your tickets online or in store, the chances of getting a winning ticket are always going to be the same.

Tell us about your Online Play win – we would love to hear about it.

*Connie Carr-Costin claimed her prize after the original blog was published. This blog has been updated to include her win.

12/05/2019 10:14 - Evelyn W.

I received a e-mail saying that I won a Dollar but don’t know what game it was from I am new to this might take me awhile to get the hang of itNC Lottery
Hey there Evelyn, You can view the details of your win by clicking Transaction History in your dashboard.

12/05/2019 06:26 - Vida K.

When will the announcement for the lucky reward $50,000 be done. It says November 30th but there is no name postedNC Lottery
Hi there Vida, The promotion closed on Nov. 30 and a winner was drawn yesterday. In general, it takes about 48 hours to process and notify the winner. As that winner responds and claims their prize, we will update the website with that info. We understand why folks are eager to find out who won but, until a prize is claimed, we don’t officially have a winner.

12/04/2019 04:48 - shelia a.

I am an online player and looking for my big win in 2020 woooooo hooo y’all! Congrats to all the winners

12/04/2019 11:25 - Rachel G.

I play online and at stores. I’m looking to be a winner in 2020. I believe!

12/03/2019 10:52 - Schmeka w.

So do you have to buy a lot of tickets online to become a winner like they do the 2nd chance drawings the more entries the better chance to winNC Lottery
Hey Schmeka, Whether you prefer to buy your tickets online or in-store, your odds will always be exactly the same.

12/03/2019 06:46 - Schmeka w.

How often do online winners win cause I see mostly they buy tickets from stores and win never online.NC Lottery
Folks win prizes online every day! The reason you don't see Online Play wins as often is because the number of people who play online is relatively small when compared to the folks who prefer to buy their tickets in-store.

12/03/2019 06:44 - Schmeka w.

I was starting to wonder have anybody ever win the cash 5 online before.never noticed to many people winning that way.

12/03/2019 06:16 - Jennifer W.

Congratulations waiting on my big win??

12/03/2019 12:36 - David M.

Are there any plans to expand online play to the other draw games (Keno, Pick 3, Pick 4)?NC Lottery
Right now we don't have any plans to add those games to our Online Play system, but we're always looking for new ways to make playing more convenient for our players, and so we appreciate knowing that is something you are interested in.

12/03/2019 12:32 - Gwendolyn H.

I just won $4.00 very surprised that it was put in my wallet account on line. I think this is nice to do. I hope to win mo0re in the near future. Well I do like playing on line.

12/02/2019 07:53 - Michael M.

This is great promotional information. Your online play through the new app has great potential. I myself have been waiting over a month for my notarized ID authorization form to be processed to restart online play. I have called over 10 times and waited long enough to speak with three reps. None of the three could attribute the delay to anything. Would it be to my benefit to drive to Raleigh and speak to someone in person? Still patiently waiting, Mike NC Lottery
Hi there Mike, We want to first apologize for the frustration this has caused. We saw your comment on our Facebook page and through messenger and are investigating this now. We will follow up with more info in Facebook messenger as soon as we can.

12/02/2019 04:38 - Linda J.

Your web site is not working correctly when players want to enter their ticket numbers for 2nd Chance Game. I have been in contact with your support people several times and the issue has still not been corrected. VERY DISAPPOINTING NC EDUCATION LOTTERYNC Lottery
Hi Linda, we're sorry to hear you having issues scanning tickets. The most common issue with the scanner not working is that a player's app is out of date, so we often recommend deleting and reinstalling the app. Our online chat support team is best able to assist if you continue to have issues using the ticket scanner. You can reach them at https://nclottery.com/Help

12/02/2019 04:10 - Denver G.

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. $250 off a C5 is a nice score, but I want more. Happy Holidayz.

12/02/2019 11:49 - William D.

noticed that last month it says unclaimed. Do you guys let the person know in more than one way that they have won?NC Lottery
When someone wins a prize online, they receive a pop-up notification informing them of their win. In the past, we have reached out to a winner directly if they won a prize online that is set to expire soon. Luckily, we won't need to do that this time. The winner for last month's Cash 5 jackpot claimed her prize this morning--we'll be sharing more info about it soon!