Our six Claim Centers across the state will reopen Monday so that lottery players who have winning tickets can collect their prizes.
We’ll be following strict safety guidelines, as outlined in the state’s Phase 1 plan that allows retail businesses to reopen, to protect your health and that of lottery employees.
Those guidelines include:
- Allowing only a few people into a Claim Center at a time to create the space for proper social distancing during the claims process. We’ll ask others to wait in their vehicles outside until their group is called.
- Requiring anyone entering a Claim Center to wear a mask or facial coverings. To protect your safety, lottery employees will be wearing personal protective equipment including mask or facial coverings and gloves.
- Requiring visitors to our Claim Centers to practice social distancing, staying at least six feet apart from others. We’ve set up our Claim Centers, both inside and outside, to assist you with that safety measure.
If you choose to visit a Claim Center during the first week, please expect the visit to take longer than normal.
To avoid a long wait, remember you have an extended deadline to claim prizes. Winners of lottery prizes on tickets expiring between March 10 and Aug. 1 have until Nov. 1 to claim them.
You also have other options to claim a prize.
- Prizes up to $599 can be cashed, as usual, at retail locations.
- Prizes of $600 to $99,999 can also be claimed by signing your ticket and mailing it to lottery headquarters.
Prizes of $100,000 or more must be claimed in person at lottery headquarters in Raleigh.
Remember you must bring a photo ID, verifying your name, signature and age to claim a prize, and your Social Security card.
Information on how to claim prizes can be found at www.nclottery.com/ClaimPrizes and you can also download a claim form there. For additional assistance, call Customer Services at 1-877-962-7529, option 0.
We know some of you have been waiting a long time to collect the prize you won. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we balance our responsibility to public health and to our players.
Login to leave a comment.