Construction work will begin soon in 28 communities across our great state to build new schools, add classrooms, new gyms, and new auditoriums, as well as renovate and repair older school buildings thanks to $395 million raised by the lottery.
In all, 28 counties will receive money to complete 42 projects. The money comes from one of the state’s school construction programs designed to help meet the critical needs for new schools and classrooms in North Carolina.
Since the start of the lottery 16 years ago, North Carolina has always used a portion of the money raised by the lottery to help counties with the costs of school construction. It will be great to see all these new schools and school buildings opening soon.
Here’s what you can expect to see popping up all across our state:
- 14 new schools
- 18 renovation or repair projects
- 9 projects featuring additional classrooms, new gymnasiums, or new auditoriums.
Here’s a list of those 28 school systems and how much they will receive:
- Alexander County Schools: $1.35 million
- Anson County Schools: $9 million
- Ashe County Schools: $17 million
- Bladen County Schools: $17 million
- Camden County Schools: $27.7 million
- Carteret County Public Schools: $1.93 million
- Newton-Conover City Schools (Catawba County): $22 million
- Edenton-Chowan Schools (Chowan County): $25 million
- Clay County Schools: $32 million
- Cleveland County Schools: $7.8 million
- Gates County Schools: $1.78 million
- Halifax County Schools: $31.27 million
- Hoke County Schools: $30 million
- Mooresville Graded School District (Iredell County): $616,000
- Mitchell County Schools: $17 million
- Montgomery County Schools: $2.65 million
- Northampton County Schools: $40 million
- Polk County Schools: $1.3 million
- Public Schools of Robeson County: $25 million
- Clinton City Schools (Sampson County): $899,000
- Scotland County Schools: $1.1 million
- Mount Airy City Schools (Surry County): $1.75 million
- Tyrrell County Schools: $514,000
- Warren County Schools: $24 million
- Washington County Schools: $40 million
- Wayne County Public Schools: $9 million
- Yadkin County Schools: $1.44 million
- Yancey County Schools: $6.69 million
You can learn more about the 42 projects here.
And more help is on the way for all 100 counties, including:
- $100 million for school construction
- $30 million in repair and renovation funds
All that to say, your play really makes a significant impact for our kids.
Login to leave a comment.
Its a blessing to see money is actually used for our children educations
Looking out for the future generations
That's great. We need more education
What support has Franklin county received?
HELP OUT IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY THERE ARE SEVERAL SCHOOLS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE BUILT IN 1930
Great progress helping school
Wonderful to know we are helping schools !
Lexington city school need a new high school. The current school is 70 years old.
Glad there giving money to schools.
how about sending some to Guilford county so they will stop doing bonds and raising taxes to pay for school projects...knthnks
Now we should be able to update our schools with books and laptops
So glad to see that the schools are benefiting from our purchases.
Where is Youngsville???? Glad to hear you are helping kids learn in a school that is not run down but instead have a cleaner and more updated environment for better learning.
i play the cash five often on line, when is the dp and ez going to be available on line?