The N.C. Education Lottery is still here to assist you, but with some changes. Following the recommendation of government officials and per the Governor’s Stay At Home Executive Order, we’ve made some changes to our daily operations to help stop the spread of the coronavirus and help protect our communities.
We will continue to update this page as we have more information. The most recent information will be listed at the top.
March 30 Update
Claim Center Closings
As of Monday, March 30, Lottery Claim Centers are closed to the public until further notice.
- As the lottery complies with the Governor’s Stay At Home Executive Order, upcoming Lucke-Rewards and Second-Chance draw dates will be postponed. You can continue to enter all drawings as normal. This will not affect your previous or future entries and prizes won. New drawings will still be announced for you to enter. All drawings will take place as soon as possible after the order is lifted.
- These lottery drawings will continue as scheduled, including multi-state games such as Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life and North Carolina games such as Carolina Keno, Carolina Cash 5, Carolina Pick 3, Carolina Pick 4, and Carolina Cash 5.
- Ticket sales continue currently, but the lottery relies on its retail partners to decide what is best for their stores and their customers as they remain open to meet the needs of their communities.
- You can still buy tickets for Powerball, Mega Millions, Lucky for Life, and Carolina Cash 5 through Online Play on the lottery’s website and with the NC Lottery Official Mobile App.
We recommend that if you have a winning ticket that you should sign the back and secure it safely until lottery offices reopen. However, you do have other options to claim:
- Lottery tickets with prizes up to $599 can still be cashed at participating lottery retail locations.
- Lottery tickets with wins of $600 to $99,999 can be mailed in, but you should expect delays in the processing of those claims. * Please note we cannot guarantee the delivery of claims so you might want to mail with tracking or delivery notification enabled.*
- If you win $100,000 or more, you must still claim the prize at lottery headquarters in Raleigh when we reopen.
- Players who win prizes with tickets through Online Play will have prizes up to $599 paid automatically to their Online Play accounts. Winners of prizes of $600 through $99,000 can claim online following the instructions they receive in the email notifying them of their win.
- You will have 30 days after the state lifts its stay-at-home order to claim prizes on those tickets if they expire before then.
- Download claim forms from here.
Our customer service teams are still here to help. If you have questions about:
- Online Play, Lucke-Rewards and the Mobile App: Help is available every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. through online chat and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Anything else: We will continue to staff the toll-free helpline to assist you with other questions. The toll-free Customer Services line is 1-877-962-7529. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m. You can also email email@example.com with any questions. Please keep in mind that folks just like you are calling in with questions. Because of that, you might experience a longer than normal wait time.
You can always ask questions on our social channels, too. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our Blog. You can also visit the “FAQ” page on our website to get answers to frequently asked questions.